Friday, October 20, 2006

A brief Sunday School Lesson

Thanks everyone for all the Kudos and pats on the back, they are not necessary though. Perhaps in my previous post I didn't express what I wanted to.

What I did was very "Good Samaritan" -esq (ok, I hear the groans from all my non-Christian/anti-religon friends, but really, read a few Bible stories - there ARE some good lessons in there.) To be honest even though I was calm and trying to take control of the situation, I was completely terrified and freaked out inside.

I don't talk much about my beliefs in person or on this blog. But I was raised Catholic and even though I don't follow any organized religon these days, I definitly have a strong spirtual side.

I belive we should do good by others. We should help others when we can. And I believe that ordinary people sometimes are Angels. Yesterday, I needed support and guidence - I needed someone there to help me keep it together so I could help this guy on the sidewalk.

It was "Mohindar" who was the Angel, not me.

6 Comments:

Blogger matty said...

Um, no -- you are an angel. Thank goodness you were there to help that guy.

I can't seem to get much out of the bible but contradiction. Still, I know it brings comfort to many and I guess that is a good thing.

I read it once. For some reason the story that sticks out for me is about some person named Ruth who was eaten by dogs and birds.

...or, wait. Was that Omen II?!?!

6:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah perhaps you and Mohinder both played the parts of Angels , at least in Jerry's mind !

8:14 PM  
Blogger Curtis said...

Sounds to me like you were both angels, Kelly. Don't underestimate yourself.

11:22 AM  
Blogger Dave said...

Kel, remember that the definition of courage is not being unafraid, but being afraid and doing the right thing anyway.

You did good.

11:30 PM  
Blogger Alan Bennett Ilagan said...

I don't know if you're an angel - I'm just glad you're a good guy in this dark world. Thanks for the inspiration.

11:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm proud of you for helping out, but not at all surprised. That's what you do - you always have!! I also called mom (sonce this is her med. specialty)-she's proud of you too! The she got all medical on my ass..... BOH-Ring....
Anyway... HUGS!

8:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home