Thursday, October 26, 2006

Getting into the system

So all day today I have been trying to apply for unemployment. Each time I spend 20 min going through the California Unemployment helpline menu to file for unemployment. 7 menus to listen to and a 5 min speal at each menu on how you can apply online - which I cannot do becuase I haven't lived here 18 months. At the end of the final menu choice, verifying that yes, I do indeed have my SS#, Drivers licence #, past employment history including company name, address, telephone number, superviser and wage history ready to go I get this:

"We're sorry, there are no available agents to help you at this time. Please try back later."

CLICK


Bitches!

My inner Shameka is about to come out y'all.

7 Comments:

Blogger Chox said...

Bring it, woman! Let Shameka come out and GET WHAT SHE WANTS!

-Chadiqua

10:19 PM  
Blogger The Persian said...

yikes that sucks Kelly :(

Hope the search is going well otherwise.

*hugs*

10:51 AM  
Blogger matty said...

Hang in there! It will work out!

...I lost a job last year and hadn't been employed long enough to qualify --- but I just pushed forward.

You will find a great job and all will work out!

...things always do if you just take a deep one and wait.

Sending much positive energy your way from down the street!!

7:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Honey...the 18 month thing? Just lie. Those people don't check anything.

12:42 AM  
Blogger DanNation said...

The person that invented the phone tree should be exiled to an entire life of trying to maneuver through them. It takes the place as the #1 worst invention of all time...second are the people movers at Dulles airport.

2:59 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Shameka....hmmm

7:55 AM  
Blogger Jimmi said...

I think there is only 10% of the people that get let go or laid off that actually ever get unemployment. It’s a freaking battle to the end and not to mention the process you have to do each week to keep it. And if they overpay you like they did to me, well the want their money back ASAP! NOW! I unfortunately had to make them wait 8 months before they got their money. And no it’s not on my credit report. Sucks to be them...

3:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home