Wednesday, June 07, 2006

AIDS Turns 25 (and I'm EVIL)

Here in San Francisco we take AIDS very seriously...ok somewhat seriously. AIDS turned 25 this year, and San Francisco is all out and about with AIDS awareness and education, which I think is great.

However, the giant purple flowers they put up along Castro confuses me (I wish I had a picture. They hung GIANT Irises, like 4 foot tall flowers on the street lights, I thought it was for Mother's Day.)

The city is also gearing up for it's next AIDS Walk, which will be in July. My blog buddies and I are all going walk, since all of us are in someway or another affected by this disease - I myself have lost several friends to it over the years. However, becuase we have to at least offend some people we are going to wear our blog names on our shirts...with a few minor alterations.

Mine will be "Who Threw that AIDS at Me?"

Which will be accompanied by Stop touching my AIDS and AIDS Turning 40. Maybe we can get other's in the mix at have All Prep and No AIDS or Incognito AIDS or Pope RaysAIDS or The Lost AIDS.

This is what happens when three bloggers get together for cocktails at Midnight.
This is what happens when you are Evil. I took the test and they said....

You Are 92% Evil

You're the most evil person you know.
The devil is even a little scared of you!


(Chox, Dan - I win)

7 Comments:

Blogger the doc said...

I hope you do take AIDS seriously, very seriously. There is still NO CURE! NO VACCINE! Just prevention.

Treating pediatric AIDS patients is no fun, for I realize that I know what is going to kill them. We scramble the cocktails as best we can, but that is not good enough in the end.

Hate is a strong word, but I hate that disease.

9:27 PM  
Blogger Sam said...

My god man. I was only 90%! My hats off to you.

9:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I thought I would score high but I only scored 56% - guess I need to do some work to get it up there!

12:45 AM  
Blogger DanNation said...

Having a sense of humor about tragedy is really important...and that's what this post is all about. With so much sadness around issues such as poverty, AIDS, and other death-related stuff, we need to understand the importance of keeping a sense of humor for our own sanity.

3:35 AM  
Blogger Moby said...

Honey, I could have told you that.

9:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I only got 12%. People always say I resemble Satan...so I guess I only look evil. But you guys would make me look like Shirley Temple.

12:45 AM  
Blogger DAIGLE said...

LOL!!! STOP TOUCHING MY AIDS!!!I think I just wet myself. Oh Kelly thank you for helping me to burn off my Krispy Cream this morning! Thank you!

[D]

12:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home