Wednesday, May 10, 2006

I was wrong Gay men are more like 7th graders

Oy Veh!

So in light of my last post, which I thought was pretty amusing, apparently touched a raw nerve. I've received some comments, from parties not even involved in Sunday's debacle, that I'll share, but won't give said commentators identity becuase I refuse to give them any credit.

"Interesting sleight of hand there, hammy. First it starts out as a gross generalization of gay men and 8th graders, but you finish off with "Castro Queen or 8th grader?" I would think that someone who swoops into town very recently, bitches about everything (and uses racist statements in the process), then concludes that he knows everything about Castro queens in particular MIGHT, just MIGHT, been the gay man with the 8th grader mindset. Look at that, you're a Unified Theory. "

and

"You're the biggest drama queen I've been exposed to....or at least in
the top five."

and my favorite

"What you really want is for no one to question anything you say. just like every racist, you think you're not and you feel entitled to excoriate everyone else while remaining untouchable. you're a coward."

Sigh. Such Vitrol. Such Anger.

Such Pith.




Oh well, let them eat cake.

8 Comments:

Blogger Addison said...

Wow, I just laughed cuz it was funny. The best part is I read this right after my partner and I were talking about Will & Grace...to which he said, "I bet the writers don't even put much effort into it, they just hang at the bar on Saturday evenings and record the goings on and have it transcripted."

9:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hun-i know you well. The 8th grade post had me rolling!!! Seems like some of your readers have already decided who youare without bothering to get to know you. Blogs, email and the such show no inflection and the wild misinterpretations seem extreme to me, but who am I to say.....
Let them eat cake!
I love ya'!
YEE HAW!

10:10 PM  
Blogger StratoCade said...

Bless their collective hearts...

10:36 PM  
Blogger the doc said...

If you can't take a joke, "Blog Off".

10:07 AM  
Blogger Pookie Pie said...

Well, in the words of a common friend of ours....

"How nice..."

3:43 PM  
Blogger Chox said...

I think you've found your calling, Kel...you should be an AM radio talk show host. It'd be a hell of a show.

9:04 PM  
Blogger Moby said...

damn it, I'm not getting my memos!

3:39 PM  
Blogger Christina said...

By "racist" do they perhaps mean homophobe? Last time I checked "Queen" wasn't a race.

11:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home