Monday, October 30, 2006

Well Call me a Dixie Chick

Just because I don't support our President doesn't make me Anti-American.

I believe suspending rights guaranteed to us by the Constitution is Anti-American.

I believe lying to the Citizens of the United States to force a War is Anti-American.

I believe supporting a regime whose whole purpose and agenda seems to be A: scaring the crap out of its citizens and B: making as much money for their own families personal gain is VERY Anti-American.

People are afraid and people do crazy things when they are afraid, like vote republican.

Clinton almost was impeached for lying about a blow job. Bush has lied and lied and lied again and the entire Republican Party continues to stand behind him and his (masters?) colleagues. WTF?

Enough.

In a related topic NBC refuses to air a Commercial for a Dixie Chicks Movie because they don't support the President.

So basically, our national media system is becoming biased and Pro-Bush. Hmm..Goebles anyone?

(He was Hitler's wing man in charge of propaganda.)

So, I offer you all this thought - this Aggressive, controlling, big-brother-esq Bush Regime is reminiscent of the Nazi's rise to power. People and artists are again being blacklisted a la McCarthyism. If you don't agree, go read some history books.
Some American History books.

I realize these are very blanket statements. I realize this is going to start some debates and piss some people off. That's good. I want you thinking. I want people to start questioning this government and do something! Talk about it, donate money, donate time, or even just VOTE.

That would be very Pro-American.

12 Comments:

Blogger StratoCade said...

Like my daddy said: "Don't bother trying to teach a pig to sing. You'll just waste your time and annoy the pig." You and I will never agree, and I don't have the time or energy to refute every unsubstantiated bit of conjecture you spout, so I'll just go on record as saying we're of different minds on the subject of government.

I will say this though: When I was speaking about voting, I wasn't saying that for the benefit of your readers, I was saying it directly to you. Remember, records of the elections you vote in are public information.

6:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If this was fascists regime they would be storming your door right now. Is that a knock you hear at your door.

I'm attaching a video link so that you can hear what Democrats said up until the war. Yes, the video is produced probably by Republican's but it also demonstrates the intelligence everyone in the world relied on was fault. If you base your actions on what you believed was a threat and gave reasons from faulty intelligent sources is it a lie.

Kel, I will ask you to read the Taliban. It is an excellent book by a Pakistani author. It provides insight into the politics of the Central Asia and the great global battle. You will also be surprised that the great savior Clinton was in bed with the oil companies. Interesting how the Clinton Adminstration influenced by big oil supported the Taliban and even recognized them with the fall a Kabul. The other reason why I like the book is it is very unbias and balanced. I was very surprised to learn who first supported the Taliban and reason why.

So, please don't say this administration is for big business when every administration is for big business.

Kel, keep up the posts because they get people thinking and are great way to discuss issues without worrying about getting stoned.

P.S. NBC not airing the commerical is an economic decision not first admendment issue. Plus the First Amendment protects citizens rights from the government not privat corporations.

6:59 PM  
Blogger Kelicious said...

My Daddy always said "You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him drink." We were much for messing around with pigs.

8:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry, here is the link
http://www.latenightshots.com/vid_player.php?v=764

10:52 PM  
Blogger matty said...

I've lost so much faith in our "government" and "religion" -- I already detested the "corporate model" (for which we all work -- including The Dixie Chicks) --- My hope is that people will just start to think more.

I also fear that there will be a knock on our doors soon if we don't do something. I always vote. And, will again. I hope for change, peace and some common sense.

Mean while, I'm wearing red horns --- a sport coat and am about to head to the disco desk. I feel silly but I guess it looks festive.

Great post, by the way.

8:34 AM  
Blogger the doc said...

Why is politics so full of hyperbole and B.S. from both sides? No wonder the voter turn out is so low.

But, on the other hand, I'm thankful and relieved that more people fail to register and vote. Look around yourself on an average day in an average setting? How many of the people around have an inkling of knowledge of local, state, national, and international issues that have or potentially have such great impact on their lives. Do you really want them setting the agenda?

Viva inertia. Viva indifference.

Down with hyperbole and B.S.

7:28 PM  
Blogger Sam said...

WORD (as they use to say). Im with you 100%

11:27 PM  
Blogger Richard said...

You're a Dixie Chick ... there, I said it. This post really generated some heat. Perhaps we can send it up to our friends in Calgary!

7:49 AM  
Blogger The Persian said...

Have you seen V for Vendetta? This is what we are moving towards.

This Big brother-esq regime could never have become what it is today if 911 had not happened.

8:21 AM  
Blogger M- Filer said...

Well ultimatly it comes down to the electorate. At first I was angry with Bush & Company only, but let's face it: he got the votes. I still think he's an A-Hole, but now I challenge as many "voters" to open there eyeballs.

Good job.

12:16 PM  
Blogger Moby said...

My sweet kel, this is the best post you've ever written. God luv ya!

11:30 PM  
Blogger Matty said...

LOL Richard. While we could definitely use the heat up here, I'm just not sure I want heat generated by American bickering. Somehow I just don't think it would be the same as a nice wood fireplace.

6:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home