Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Pardon me while I pull up out of this Funk.

Yesterday I slept until 4 o'clock. Yes, that's right, I didn't get up until 4pm. I didn't even get out of bed until 5pm! One of my roomates told me "You're so lucky, I want to spend all day in bed." You, dear reader, may feel the same way.

You know what, you really really don't want to.

For the past month (or two) I've been really down. I don't know if it's the weather (San Francisco has been unseasonably cold and I don't do well in the cold.) or the lack of having a real job (no offense to all you career waiters and resturaunt workers out there) where I have to get up and be accountable every day; or it could just be that after years of stress from work and family and relationships and moving across country I just needed a break.

I'm not sure, but for the past three weeks all I've done is sleep, work 4-6 hours at the resturaunt, hang out with friends, and go back to bed at like 5 am.

I know it sounds like the good life, but it really is a vicious cycle. I haven't talked to or seen hardly any of my friends becuase they are all on normal schedules. I haven't done hardly any laundry, nor have I done any real job hunting. Nor have I blogged, read blogs, written anything worthwhile, or acutally done anything.

That my friends, will put you even further down into a funk.

So today that all changes, it's 10:30 am. I am up. I have read blogs, I am writing this post. I have already done more today that I have done in 2 weeks. I will send out at least one resume today. I will clean at least one corner of my room. I may even go run an errand.

Best to start slow I think.

xo
Kel

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

kelly my dear - you have never been one to walk away from a challenge, this one is just really big! You have pulled my ass out, so let me pull you out for a change.
Get 'er dun hun! I know you can
xoxoxox

1:29 PM  
Blogger Chox said...

Now THAT's my Kel. It was good seeing you last night. Call me...Chris A. and I have an idea that might be beneficial to all three of us.

5:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hang in there... my Jeff has been out of work since November and is feeling the same way... this week he is doind like you and trying to think positive and be pro-active... he even gets up when I get up to go to work... good things come to those who wait and you will be back to a normal job soon... and if jeff gets a job and we can swing it, we may be in SF for Pride weekend and the blogger get together that is floating around...

6:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Do a list and check off everytime you complete a task and you will feel like you accomplished something everyday. If you can I would also try to exercise, but I'm sure you get to walk up and down those hills in San Francisco which is good exercise. Just make sure that you keep looking for a job and send out a resume a day.

7:49 PM  
Blogger Matty said...

I thought I'd share these quotes. Hope they help. "The dread of doing a task uses up more time and energy than doing the task itself." (Rita Emmett, The Procrastinator's Handbook) "Rest is not idleness, and to lie sometimes on the grass under the trees on a summer's day, listening to the murmur of water, or watching the clouds float across the sky, is by no means a waste of time." (Sir J Lubbock)
I guess I should probably go wash the dishes now. Hope things pick up for you.

8:33 PM  
Blogger DanNation said...

Go Girl - and let me know if you need anything to get out of your funk!

1:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You can do it Kel! Cold brings out the worst in everybody. But I have noticed that the days are getting longer, that means summer.

9:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You'll be alright. One step at a time.

12:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you moved to san francisco to become a waiter? go back to texas, that nagging feeling you sometimes sense is true: you don't belong in sf, and sf doesn't really want you either. and now you're a waiter. congratulations.

3:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It sounds like we've both been living remarkably similar lives in California. Hope you're feeling better.

6:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home