Thursday, January 04, 2007

Happy Birthday Dan & here's to knowing you all..

So tonight I celebrated another year in the life of my very very good friend Dan Nation who turned 41 today. We got drunk and sang kareoke with several of our good friends. It was a blast.

If you haven't seen it, go over to Dan's New Location on the web and check out his latest video cast, which is a touching montage of pictures of the past year, of which I am in several. In fact, we've spent so much time together its almost a year in review for me as well.

You know Dan, it's cheesy, it's sappy, and it made me cry. Thank you for putting that together. It made me realize how much fun I've had and how many friends and good people I've met in this past year. I am truly blessed.

Jeez-Louise - in your 1st comment in a long long long time, you really hit the nail on the head. I took a giant risk and step in moving to San Francisco, and no things haven't gone according to plan...but then, isn't that when things in life turn out to be the most interesting...when you get off the interstate and have to take the side roads.

I have to tell you all, i'm loving my life here. It HAS been a rough road, but looking back, I wouldn't have it any other way. I have some of the most incrediable people in my life; not just in San Francisco, but all over the world.

Michael, Dan, Nick, Jake, Chox, Waffles and JR - I wouldn't have made it through this transition without you. You are the best friends and the best group of guys anyone could ever hope for. I know sometimes it might seem that I take you for granted, but I don't. I love every moment that we spend together. I can't imagine not having you in my life.

Casey, Jason, Regina, Cyn & Cary - I miss you guys and gals so much. Thank you so much for still being my friends even though we are 1700 miles apart. Every time I hear from you it fills me with happiness to the point I want to burst. It's 100 times more intense when I actually get to see you. Forever you will have my love and friendship. I cannot tell you how much you mean to me, but then I think you each know it.

Jeez, Brenna, Alyssa, and RUTH (yes, you have been ratted out). You are more than friends and you are more that just family; you are a part of me in ways that I cannot decribe. I love you and am so lucky to have you on my bent and twisted family tree; we are all nuts on the same branch. I love you so much and promise to spend more time with you in 2007.

Doc, you are your family and just like family to me. I cannot tell you how much I miss you all. Come see me! Of course..if Mohammed won't come to the mountain as the saying goes...

Tony, Persian, Jimmy, Jeff....how can you even explain being friends with someone from across the country. All I know is you have made this crazy world much more interesting. I'm looking forward to many more good times.

Atari...you are a world unto yourself. I hope you more here immediatly. I want you in my life everyday. You make me glow when you're around.

Julie & Colin. I have no idea if you read this, but if you do, I want you to know I think about you all the time.

Daigle and Fallon...will you come home already?? I miss you so much.

To everyone else, thanks for tuning in. I know I haven't written much lately. I've been in a funk. A big one. It's hard to write when you feel like you have nothing to share. But then, I look back on this year and I realize how much we've all shared together.

Thank you all for sharing your lives with me. My cup overflows.

Much Love.

xo

Kel

9 Comments:

Blogger the doc said...

Right you are. You are truly blessed to have so many people who you can call friends and so many who consider you a friend in return. I am glad to be among those.

San Fran, Texas, Costa Rica, now back in San Fran. Not a bad nor uneventful 2006 for Kel.

Hope 2007 is equally eventful.

Your friend, "The Doc"

8:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kel, You have touched my life as well. I can't wait to see you again!! HEY Calgary has no snow and in the plus digits for temperatures, you should think of coming to visit. I'll ask my fairy god-mother if she can send some funds your way..

8:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awwwwwww... It just makes me want to move out there quicker. I kinda had the same feeling with Dan's video and I also think I'm similarly lucky. Thanks, Kel :-*

1:02 PM  
Blogger DanNation said...

This is so sweet - wait until 2007's video - it will be even better! We are all lucky to have you in our lives so don't go anywhere.

7:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awwwww.... i love you!! can i buy you a bigger cup... cuz there's lots more to come!!

8:11 PM  
Blogger matty said...

Great post. I think life is all about taking risks and understanding that nothing EVER goes according to "a plan" ...which is the magic of life.

And, there is something oddly magical about this city.

...tho, that could be the weed.

4:21 PM  
Blogger Jimmi said...

Now is the Jimmy you speak of me? I spell the name with an "i" sweetie! LOL But if it isn't mean than thats cool... LOL

Love this post, its very sweet!
Jimmi

2:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

not sure which Tony it is...but I'm going to pretend it's me and keep the warm feeling I have inside. We love you , Kel.

3:08 AM  
Blogger Pookie Pie said...

Oh pickle, I miss you so much too. I'm always so happy when we get the chance to hang out, even if it's only for a little while.

It's been an eventful year since you were slapping people with that wand at the New Year's party. I wouldn't have it any other way.

big, fat, smoooooches.

8:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home