Friday, April 13, 2007

Moving Day

Moving Day is Almost Here...


So Many of you are curious as to why I am moving... well it's easy.

My roommates asked me to leave.

Now, it's acutally not all that dramatic and harsh. There are 4 of us that share a victorian here in The City. It's drafty, cold, crowded and has one bathroom. Oh, and the landlord is a prissy dickhead. I've never really felt "at home" here, but wanted the San Francisco experience of moving to the heart of the The City and living in a crowded, old, cold, victorian with a bunch of people that I don't know.

ok, CHECK. Done it, time to move on.

So about 2 weeks ago my roommates that are the primary leaseholders asked me if I would move out by the end of may. Seems some other friends of theirs are moving to San Francisco and they all want to live together. Of course I freaked out, finding an affordable place to live in my neighborhood is damn near impossible and very stressful. But I got lucky. The 1st place I found was a 2 bedroom/2 BATHROOMS modern apt just a few blocks away. The guy that has it is very cool, from Texas as well, and we hit it off right away. Did you catch that I get my own bathroom? (happy dance). Oh, and it's WARM. No more feeling the wind blow through the walls.

So it's all working out, I'm going to try to move on Sunday - if UHAUL comes through and I can con some friends into helping me carry a few boxes. I'm excited, my new roommates is excited and I think I'll finally feel like I really live here instead of just on an extended vacation.

OK kids, I have to go secure some boxes, and if you are free on Sunday, let me know..I'll put you to work and order a pizza.

xo

Kel

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You know I would help if I was a wee tad closer to ya'...... But PLEASE don't make me wait so long for an update... my therapists can't handle it :P

Seriously - Best of luck m'dear!!!

10:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's so great! I wish things coudl fall in my lap like that. Yay!

10:31 AM  
Blogger Moby said...

ooh a two bathroom apt. You be done struck gold!

Congrats on the new place. I know all too well the feeling of moving. I ended up moving twice in 45 days a couple years ago. Never again!

11:31 PM  
Blogger Jimmi said...

I want to see some pictures of your new digs, and your new roomie! :)

6:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home