Monday, March 05, 2007

Are you there God?

It's me, Margaret....Foster...the old lush.

(Readers: Give yourself 10 points if you get the references.)

Anyway, one year ago today I was down on the floor of apartment packing up memories, preparing for a new beginning and a new journey that I prayed you would make happen; and it did.

Thanks for that.

So today I am again praying and packing. I'm preparing for a visit home, with a few less pounds and a lot more wisdom under my belt - once again, thanks for that.

Oh yeah, and I'm going to be another year older on Thursday.

This past year has been a wild ride, full of challenges and lessons learned and great expierences. So now, God, if you have a moment, I could once again use some guidance.

Bascially, i'd love it if you could just help me with a question I've had for a while.

What the hell am I supposed to be doing with my life?


Thanks!

xo

Kel

7 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Happy Early Birthday.. Have a safe trip to Texas... and as I tell my Jeff, hang in there... something will eventually fall in your lap, then when he has gone home, life will move on. hehehe... You will make it happen... good luck with everything and I hope God reads your blog...

6:56 AM  
Blogger Brettcajun said...

Enjoy life. We only have one life to live. You don't want to have any regrets when you are old and feeble do you? Your birth was a miracle. Embrace that miracle and life each day as if it was your last. That's really giving thanks to God for the miracle of our lives.

9:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

live it to the fullest luv.... you never needed a map
xoxoxox

4:38 PM  
Blogger the doc said...

I'm, of course, not God, but you need to answer your question with other questions:

-What do you really want to do with your life? What do you really not want to do with your life?

-What special gifts do you possess that will enable you to do what you want to do? Set your goals accordingly.

-What weaknesses do you possess that will prevent you from excelling in certain areas, no matter how much you desire and try such endeavors...be realistic.

-Decide when you really want to move on to that next stage of your life. It may be "if" you really want to move on.

-Finally, and this will probably keep this from being published, continue to sincerely pray to God for help and guidance throughout your life.

8:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kel, I hope you have a good time back home. Of course, many (if not all) of us are still trying to get an answer to that question. And, actually, all of Doc's points are some good guidepoints to help in that search.

Oh I assume you're referring to this. Are you telling me you've actually READ Judy Blume? :p

12:37 AM  
Blogger Phaolo said...

Have a great birthday, Kel. Have a safe trip home.

5:01 PM  
Blogger Chox said...

I got both references. Well-done!

5:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home