Sunday, April 22, 2007

What the hell has been going on..

Well 1st i'm in my new digs. I moved in a week ago, and many many many thanks my friends who showed up to help me move. We manged to knock it out in less that two hours and it was probably the easiest move I've ever made.

Ah..and those friends who bailed on me for COCKtails and other reasons... the San Francisco Chapter of the Southern Bells Junior League membership committee will just keep that in mind.

I love my new place. It's QUIET. Seriously, I can just lay here and listen to silence -which I honestly haven't heard in over a year. San Francisco is a noisy city, what with the firetrucks/buses/garbage trucks/streetcars/hornhonkers/ghetto rides/drunk ass lesbians going by every minute of the day. My bedroom faces an interior courtyard and the only thing i've head so far is the very LOUD asian boy who walks his ugly ugly dog and inists on making as much noise as possible as he walks through the courtyard.

Trust - that dog's days are numbered.

So i'm getting settled, i'm getting unpacked, and i'm realizing that I really don't own a lot of things that i've become accustomed to having around. Microwaves are basically essientials now, and I had to remember how to re-heat food on the stove! Iron, Irons are good for looking cute and not like you just spent the last 6 months wadded up at the bottom of the closet. Oh yeah, and brooms, brooms are good when you spill the very smallest amount of sugar in your kitchen and BOOM it multiplies at the speed of a virus and all of a sudden your whole floor is gritty.

Oh, and Jimmi - I don't own a digital camera otherwise i'd send you pictures.

So all in all, moving was great, i like it here, my new roommate is ...quiet if not a little insular - which is ok as our schedules are totally opposite.

Speaking of, I got a promotion of sorts at my job. A few more hours, a little more money and a lot more fun. I am working at a resturaunt right now, and have been really really putting off finding a full time office job becauses well..they suck. As of Monday though, I will be in charge of our concierge program, which basically entails me running around the city to all the concierges in town and promoting our resturaunt to them. I also get to come up with contests, prizes, promotions etc...bascially a PR postition and I have total control over it.

I can't wait!

So before you even ask, no love life still. No one on the horizon and i'm ok with that. I did just get my hair cut into a feaux-hawk and it's pretty punk rock but cute so maybe i'll attract the attention of some hot emo tatoo punk rock boy with a heart of gold and trust fund now.

Who can say?

The last bit of news that I have is that I have a new FAVORITE BLOG! Everyone check out I live with Morons . This is the most brilliant blog I have seen in a long time. Hint, start at the very beginning and work your way forward. It brightens my day every day.

xo

kel

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the post luv! I'm glad you're settled
xoxoxox

9:32 PM  
Blogger Joel said...

Glad the move went well, and congrats on the new job. Is my application still moving thru the San Francisco Chapter of the Southern Bells Junior League? I was hoping my time in Bahl'mer and HotLanta and my lust for mint juleps would qualify me. I need my SF membership to start the SD chapter.

9:51 PM  
Blogger Jimmi said...

Well then gurl, you are just going to have to get yourself a Digital Camera and document your life sweetie.

I was glad to see that you are going to be at the Gay Blogger Summit. I can't wait to see you again!

2:43 AM  
Blogger Matty said...

Brooms are also good for getting around (or so Jeff tells me).

1:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just heard the collective sound of dropping zippers on the britches of concierges all over SF. Promote. promote. promote.

12:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This all sounds great, Kel! Considering they way things had been progressing at the job, it almost sounded inevitable that they'd offer you some great position. Plus, I guess this gets you out of being trapped in the restaurant all the time. Excellent.

heh... I hadn't considered the possible sexual opportunities, but LT has a point, too.

2:36 PM  
Blogger DanNation said...

I can't wait to see your new digs...when are you having me over?

1:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home