Wednesday, February 01, 2006

How Nice.

So Sunday I was pretty bored feeling kind of randy (or Mark, or Steve, or whoever wouuld come along) and I jumped gay.com aka "typing class" to see what I could round up. I ended up meeting this cute guy who had a couple of things going for him.

A. He was around my age and had a really nice body
B. He volunteers at animal shelters (so that means he's all nice and compassionate? Right)
C. He was a little bit broken.

Now, I always seem to bring home the strays. Every guy I've ever dated had somethign "wrong" with him that I helped fix. Low Self Esteem? check. Alchoholic? check. Struggling artist with issues with parents and sexual identity? check check. This guy's only little issue was that he is shy, and said he has a problem connecting with other people on a social level. So I met him for coffee convident that we would get along, and that my dynamic personality would win him over.

Things went well. He was cute, not HOTlike his pictures, but cute. Sweet, a little Whiskey Tango, but that definitly added to his fuckable-ness. Definitly someone I could hang out with, really someone I could fuck around with. 2 hours and a caffinne buzz from hell later, he asked if we could go out again, and mentioned that he was really glad we weren't just hooking up and he's looking forward to seeing me again.

I was like "score 1 for Kel". Acutally, I was more like, "Damn i'm gonna get me some of that hot body". I have to admit, I can be a total snob sometimes. I average-ly to cute on the looks and boyd scale. I have a decent education, am pretty witty, know I'm fun to be around. I make decent money, have a decent job, and socially I'm pretty damn popular. I don't usually go out with guys "beneath" me, i.e. guys with no car, a low paying job, and no social contacts, unless that guy has somethign going for them, and this guy did. So after hem-hawing around for a few days, I decided to call him and ask him out. I figured a good resturant, some cocktails, and then back to my place for some snogging.

So I called him. He answered. The 1st thing out of his mouth was, "Oh, didn't you get my email?"

Well....fuck.

So after a short and VERY ackward conversation I ran home to check my e-mail, in which I had recived this note;

"K - I did have a good time having coffee and talking with you. I'm not sexually attracted to you, but it didn't seem appropriate to say that during our meeting since the conversation was so enjoyable. You're a cool guy, you have a great personality and sense of humor, and I'm surprised you're not hitched already, frankly. Sometime I would be up for having coffee or something again with you to talk and be friends, though I'm not very socially active (as I mentioned in person), so I often don't go places I'm invited to.

I hope your week is great, and I hope good things are right around the corner for you."

How nice.

Um...I know it's a sweet email. I know we all can't be each other's type. I know that I am a gracious enough person to just say "oh well". I know that I am moving to San Francisco. I know that I would have never really date this guy, and that going out with him just to get some would've been shady.

On the flip side, I know that I am cool. I know that I am Nice. I know that I should be hitched, becuase I am so wonderful a person that I make a great friend for EVERYONE.

Well...this is about all the niceness I can muster..



I need a drink.

7 Comments:

Blogger Pope-rah said...

I hate it when that happens. I guess it's better to know sooner than later though. Kel, you are totally hot, He is stupid.

4:42 PM  
Blogger Kevin said...

So you wanna go for coffee ... :)

12:09 AM  
Blogger Miss Janie said...

I agree with pope-rah. He is stupid, but at least he was honest.

Did you catch Project Runway? I was just like "what what?" and I'll leave it at that.

*kisses*

12:57 AM  
Blogger Chox said...

Hmm. Nice and sweet. He'll never make the Junior League. Kel, don't sweat it. He probably puts dark meat in his chicken salad, and we all know that's just tacky.

10:27 AM  
Blogger Kelicious said...

And God knows nothing is worse that being Tacky, except Tacky Tacky!

10:38 AM  
Blogger jjd said...

err. what's W.T. ?

12:44 PM  
Blogger Kelicious said...

euu, gross, that's not my hand!

11:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home