Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Yes, It's That Girl!

I'm writing this at the end of my first work day in San Francisco, so excuse the fact there will be no cute pictures, links etc, as I want to get this done and get out the door.

I love it here. I have never been so happy in my life. San Francisco is truly "The City". I feel totally at home here. Every moment is a new adventure. I only hope that the honeymoon lasts for a long time.

This morning I walked to work, well walked and took the Muni (subway). I left my place decked out like a true San Franciscian; overcoat, messenger bag, umbrella, and iPod in my ears. Just as I was passing the St. Francis on Union Square, a familir beat started and Dolly Parton and I sang "9 to 5" as I joined the crowd of locals on the way to the train station. Once there I caught the famous, and beloved N-Judah train, which according to the map on the wall, would lovingly carry me right to my office. About halfway through the ride, the train came up out of the underground, and the sight I was to behold brought a smile to my face. I was presented with a beautiful view of the bay, and the Bay Bridge. As we traveled down the Embarcadero, I couldn't contain my enthusiasm. I asked the girl sharing the seat next to me "do you ever just look at this place and wonder how it is that you can live in such a magical place?", she didn't really respond, but the smallest of smiles met the corners of her mouth. She didn't dare break "the rules" by actaully speaking to someone on the train, but I could tell sometimes she probably wonders the same thing.

My first day of work went very well. My peers are fun and helpful, and I can tell I have already won their respect and friendship. Tomorrow I will hit the ground running and hopefully impress them with my knowledge and drive.

I still don't have internet access at home, so emails and post will be sporadic. I have to go now, my train will be coming soon, and I'm ready for a nice night at home.

XO

Kel de San Francisco

14 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's awesome. So glad you are really happy with the move. Congrats!

dipqvjhv

8:29 PM  
Blogger the doc said...

San Francisco: Is it "Bigger Than Dallas"?

8:51 PM  
Blogger Michael said...

Welcome to San Francisco!

9:20 PM  
Blogger Pope-rah said...

that post made me smile. when i first moved to nashville 10 years ago i felt that excitement. maybe it's time for me to move again.

9:32 PM  
Blogger Darin said...

I'm so happy to hear this, Kel. I really am!

Congrats! Welcome to the West Coast lifestyle.

9:45 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

yeahhhhhh...you made it! Glad to see work and your first day of getting there was sooo good...hope the rest are just as good...continued best wishes from the east coast...

10:40 PM  
Blogger Rey Rey said...

Awww, you've adopted the "de San Francisco" tag. Smooches, pookie! And here's to the coming weeks of adjusting even more! xo

2:24 AM  
Blogger Pookie Pie said...

FAN-diddly-TASTIC!!!

heh-heh... you said "embarcadero." That always makes me gigle.

9:47 AM  
Blogger dpaste said...

Enjoy enjoy enjoy.

10:24 AM  
Blogger StratoCade said...

We're all so proud of you shcmoopie. Even Nita Ann was happy when I told her...

10:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey dollface, glad to see you so happy. can't wait to come visit!
luv, yer cuz brenna

5:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

cool stuff to do in The City..for free
-watch Bushman frighten tourists
-Play 'Whats that Smell' in Chinatown
-Hike around the Sutro baths
-watch the wild parrots in GG Park
-Drink wine and eat cheese in the woods at the Presidio
welcome to your new city.. I will be home one day....
you are gonna have a blast

8:09 PM  
Blogger Eye Que said...

Im soo missing you. You know I join Nita Ann in her happiness. ;0

8:47 PM  
Blogger Topher said...

Awww, enjoy your new life in San Francisco. That's pretty brave, I'm sure it'll work out for ya.

9:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home