Thursday, September 28, 2006

One of those days..


I love it when you walk into your office and people start blaming you for something that went wrong when it isn't your fault. I totally got my ass jumped the second I walked in (late of course) and have been arguing back and forth ever since.

I have spent 2 hours this morning justifying why I wouldn't be the scapegoat for something that someone else did wrong. Fortunetly, I have all the emails and paperwork I need to back me up. Instead of economics, colleges should offer courses on how to Cover Your Ass (the pre-requiste being "how to fix the copy machine".)

So I proved that I was not the person at fault, yet I am still in trouble. Apparently emailing everyone involed and double checking the information got to the correct people isn't enough - my "communication skills" were lacking on this isssue.

The best is, I gave my dept. head a heads up that this was going on - and yet it backfired on me and I was called out for being late today - even though I provided a legitimate excuse, a made up one, but legitimate.

Whatever, I"m tired of arguing and I'm totally pissed off now.

As my co-worker said "You can try to teach a pig to sing, but it wastes your time and annoys the pig."

Oink

3 Comments:

Blogger Sam said...

Ive seen pigs sing. Exhibit A: Carnie Wilson. Exhbit B: Aretha Franklin and the list goes on...

11:24 PM  
Blogger Pookie Pie said...

Oh Kel... be that starfish in Finding Nemo. Find a happy place, find a happy place, find a happy place.

9:33 AM  
Blogger Phaolo said...

Hope today's a better day than yesterday.

1:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home