Thursday, September 21, 2006

The Path to hell is paved with good Intentions

From: Donald E. Wildmon
Founder and Chairman
American Family Association

September 18, 2006

Please help us get this information into the hands of as many people as possible by forwarding it to your entire email list of family and friends.

NBC, Madonna Set To Mock The Crucifixion of Christ

Help send one million emails asking NBC to show Christians the same respect they show other religions

Dear Reader,

Following the lead of Rosie O'Donnell and ABC, NBC has decided to join in the bashing of Christians by airing a Madonna special in November. A specific date has not been released.

In the show, Madonna, wearing a fake crown of thorns, descends on a suspended mirrored, disco ball-type cross. When some Christian leaders complained about the mockery, NBC ignored their concerns.


Making mockery of the crucifixion of Christ has been a trademark of Madonna for many years. In 1989 she had a video for the hit song "Like A Prayer." The video featured burning crosses, statues crying blood and Madonna--representing Jesus--freeing a saint from his sexual repression by seducing him. This is the same Madonna who once said, "Crucifixes are sexy because there's a naked man on them."

Kevin Reilly, an executive at NBC, said Madonna considered the scene mocking the crucifixion of Christ the highlight of her show. "We (NBC) viewed it and didn't see it as being inappropriate." Madonna considers mocking the crucifixion of Jesus the highlight of her show and NBC agrees.

Help us secure one million emails to NBC asking the network not to air the Madonna special by Clicking here

If you think our efforts are worthy, would you please support us with a small gift? Thank you for caring enough to get involved.

Sincerely,

Donald E. Wildmon, Founder and Chairman AFA


Hmmm... Don't Think so.

My Grandmother emailed this to me. I'm not sure why. Maybe she wants to step up the effort to save my soul. Maybe she saw "Madonna" and thought it would interest me. Maybe she thought I would agree with this letter and sign the petition to keep this mockery of Christianity off the public airwaves where it could influence small children and lead them away from a life filled with Christ's love.



I alwasy thought Jesus was for Free Speach. I mean didn't the Romans and the Jews try to keep him silent? Hmmm...irony.

Anywhoo I won't be signing this as I'm a pretty big advocate of free speech. I think any blogger probably is, but I'm pretty much of the opinion that it's one of the best thing this country has going for it - even if Bush & Co aka Karl "Beelzebub" Rove wants to change the constitution to get rid of it.

I love how this letter sites two specific things: A: Rosie O'donnel - whom I can only guess they don't like b/c she is a big loud pushy lesiban (go Rosie) and B: they don't think the networks are showing Christians proper respect like they are other religions. Huh? Sorry I didn't catch "The Matza Hour" with Myra Finkelstein or "Getting in good with Mohammad" with Omar Hazzal anytime this week. I must have missed Everyone loves Buddah as well - damn you TiVo.

Before anyone gets all upset, let me just say that I consider myself Christian - with a twist. I belive in the basics. I belive in God or a higher being. I believe Jesus did exist and he had a lot of good things to say regardless if he was divine or not. I think the ideas are right - love and forgivness etc. I think a lot of greedy and bad men have gotten hold of the Bible/Tora/Koran and manipulate things for their own agenda - mostly to make money, a la Pat Robertson. I think many many horrible things have been done "in the name of God" and I'm sure many more will happen. But, Love, Forgivness and faith are all there - simple elements, simple ideas that I embrace.

I'm honestly getting very sick of religous extremists of any kind. Muslim, Mormon, Christian, Jewish - whatever - get over yourselves. Belive what you want to belive, just stop pushing it on me. Let me watch and do what I want. Stop blowing up planes and buildings. Stop stabbing people b/c they want to hold a parade (like you did in Jerusalam). Stop molesting small children and blaming it on the gays...oh wait wrong soap box. And most of all STOP FUCKING WHINING that you aren't getting treated right. You OWN this government. You've gotten most of your pithy little laws passed banning gay marriage, gay civil rights, outlawing abortion, almost outlawing darwinsim. You have our education boards producing ignorant children who will grow up beliving the world was created yesterday in 6 days, and refuse to let them read Harry Potter. I'm sure in about 4 generations we will be banning math as it is "magic".

Sigh. Until then, Please..let us just listen to Madonna. She's not the Devil. She's not evil. Yeah, she was slutty, yeah she pushes the edge. It's called ART - and its important becuase it makes people think - something you religious wackos don't want any of us to do.

8 Comments:

Blogger dpaste said...

Is there anything you can sign that supports the airing of Madge's concert?

And tell Jeff that if he signs it as Jebus or Gob, no one will get the joke and he will be helping the FOFs. Hopefully he was just joking, but on the outside chance that he isn't, it's a monumentally bad idea. They don't look at names, they just count numbers.

3:24 PM  
Blogger Gus said...

"something you religious wackos don't want any of us to do." I could not have said that any better.

11:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Who's Madonna?

And what's she doing hanging from a bathroom wall?

A cheap bathroom, too - they couldn't afford to tile the whole wall?

2:03 AM  
Blogger the doc said...

A. TV sets have an off/on switch and a channel selector switch for a reason.

B. Overall, I believe that religions have done more good in the world than bad. But, bad news sells better than good.

C. Madonna (just think about that name) is a great talent. She is even a greater self promoter and business woman (remember her deal with Sony years ago). Personally, I wish she would stick to singing and acting, but that's just me. I am offended, but not threatened by her on-stage antics. I will chose not to watch the show, but the petition (which I will not sign)will guarantee much free publicity and ensure Neilson ratings out the roof.

D. How is this an "anti-gay" thing? Kalvin, take off your "tunnel-vision" glasses.

2:07 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

AMEN sista!

7:16 AM  
Blogger Eye Que said...

You're right Doc, The Madonna issue is not a "gay" thing...but lambasting ABC on the addition of Rosie ODonnel (an out lesbian) to 'The View' is a direct and clear statement against the GLBT community.

Again, another "chrisitan" organization going out of it's way to disparage a segement of the HUMAN population. How can they possibly justify that to themselves?

The American Family Association has a sadistic fascination with gays and lesbians and has decided to treat them like non-human second class citizens. They actully put forth an effort to dehumaize gays. The ultimate irony is, they are earning themselves a discounted coach class ticket straight to hell.

11:59 AM  
Blogger Sam said...

You go get em'! I can tell you not being Christian is not easy in this country. It is in your face everhwere and a huge chunk of the population who wants us to be the Christian Israel. These freaks want one overwhelming religion and a cross on our flag. Swear on a bible in court, god on my money in the national anthem. We need to hear teh other people's opinions for quite a while and in full force to even get close to a level playing field. Christians... such victims here in teh US, yeah right! I hardly think they are picked on. Even if they were I have two things to say to them. Crusades, Holocaust and Inquisition nice history

10:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The inclusion of Rosie O'Donnell, according to AFV is to demonstrate how the gay agenda is being pushed on society and is anti-gay in that respect.

Madonna is another issue. I think she is an excellent talent and knows how to get free publicity. Now when those concern with what she is doing complain that the media/hollywood are anti-christian have a point. You will always see media/hollywood take issue, critize, and disrepect Christianity, i.e. have herself on the the cross, like she ever sacrificed her life for anyone.

I received the same petition, but have not signed it. I believe Maddona is disrespecting Christians (I would love to see her do something with Islam, particularly Mohommed). However, she has a freedom of expression (in this country) that she is at liberty to do and AFV as at liberty to organize a protest against NBC excercising their first amendment right and we will see which money interest will win the heart of NBC.

JR the three points are history and I believe Christianity has progressed from that point. Now, my other point about Madonna picking an Islamic symbol lets see if she has the guts to do that. We don't see Christian's threating her with death, but I will assure you Muslims might think differently.

11:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home