Tuesday, November 14, 2006

School Daze...again

I just saw this site http://www.getmortified.com/ and watched the featured video.. Brilliant.

I ALSO just got this email:
"Hey freakdaddies of 1992! I will need all the help I can get. I have spoke
to a few of you about having the reunion the weekend of Jubilee days (June, 2007), but nothing is set instone. (At this fairgrounds) there is a huge amphitheatre and
pavilion, plus camping sites!!! It would be awesome for our reunion!!!"

Yes yes, it is time for another Class reunion of the Class of '92 at RHS back in small town Texas. Now, I know that some of you like..ney, are obsessed with the new hit show Friday Night Lights but let me tell you not all Texas Teens live such rich and interesting lives. Some of us, like me, spent our time growing up DREAMING and PLOTTING our escape from said football inspired hell holes. The ONLY reasons I even go back to said reunions is because A: I'm still the same weight I was when I graduated and B: All of the people I hated in High School are now Fat, Divorced, Bald, or have some other sort of thing going on to which I feel superior.

Ok, - that and I really do like seeing some people.

The last reunion I attended was a big surprise to me. I ended up hanging out with two people I never even spoke to in HS and had the best time with them. The crowd I had always WANTED to hang out with, spent the whole evening reliving moments that I either found boring, or wasn't a part of. I also spent a good amount of time with the boy I always had a crush on who is of course straight and hot and one of the nicest guys in the world. And then he invited me back to his motel room to drink beer.....

and...

and...

I stupidly said no. Maybe I'll get a 2nd chance this time.

If I go.

The only reason I wouldn't go is because the said campground on which we might have our big ol' reunion is owned and operated by one of my classmates.

Said classmates was THE stud on campus. Most of my hometown girls lost their virginity to him, and he was I have to say, a very hot stud. Unfortunately, after graduation he never left, and he became a big alcoholic pot smoking drug addict that did nothing but screw everyone in town and talk about his high school glory days.

Sad I know, but it gets worse.

He found Jesus. Or should I say the Baptists found him.


Long story short he is now Born Again and while I'm glad he is not a big drunken mess anymore, now he hates "The Gays." Including me, which he expressed to me at a wedding I saw him at a few years back.. In fact, he threatened to Kick my Ass - I challenge I will admit I did NOT back down from, but other people stopped from happening.

So you can see, it might not be in my best interest to travel back to Small Town Texas, where A: his rich daddy has a lot of influence over the local law/courts and B: Go to a party out in the middle of the county on HIS land, where he has Lots of guns and a Bible to back up any threats of physical harm to me.

We'll See. It's a ways off anyway.

So go watch the aforemetioned Video. Laugh, reminisce, and remember those bullies that may or may not have picked on you when you were younger; and then revel in the fact that you are doing better than them now.

Remember as Elvira says, "Revenge is better than Christmas."

xo

Kel

10 Comments:

Blogger the doc said...

Sorry to disillusion you about your "friend". He may have found sobriety, but he has not found Jesus, the most tolerant, inclusive person in history. Read His teachings, no place for hate there. I am amazed that so much evil has been done, and continues to be done in the name of Jesus. But, I will not solve that problem.

6:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, my class did not have a 10 year reunion after I left organizing the event to my cousin and Vice President. Let's just say he is not that reliable.
Everytime I see him and his girlfriend it is girl friend that tells me she wants a reunion.

I see the people I want to see and find out from them how everyone else is doing or when I'm home I just go to the local bar to see them. Plus, I don't want to go on the Atkins diet before I see everyone.

Kel just associate who you want to and don't worry about the townies that can never leave the bubble and must always talk about the glory days. You especially don't need to see the "bible beater" again. What a loser.

10:08 PM  
Blogger Matty said...

Hearing stuff like this ticks me off. I was raised Baptist and one of our big things was that the "Bible was our sole authority for faith and practice". It makes me angry because nowhere in the Bible that I've seen (I've seen a lot, 3 times on Sunday and at least once during the week)does it say anything about Christians being responsible for ridding the world of sinners (If it did they would have to include themselves). It actually says quite the opposite. I would recommend they start reading in Matthew chapter 5 and verse 38 through to the end of the chapter. Some of the main points from this passage: If someone hits you turn the other cheek and love your enemies. I'm not sure how gay bashing fits in with these teachings. I'm sure Jeff will be annoyed at my lengthy sermon but I just get really frustrated and angry when I hear about so-called "christians" acting the opposite of what the Bible actually teaches. If they expect everyone else to abide by its teachings then why don't they?

12:18 AM  
Blogger matty said...

I just got back from Texas.

Shudder.

I do have to admit --- I was the most in-shape person I saw in my town and I was shocked when I ran into what used to be this really hot guy in my class (yes, Class of 1985!) ...yes, I am old. Anyway, he looked about 10 years older than me and had to weigh in at 250lbs and I'm being kind.

However, not sure it would be worth my vaca time to go back. LOL!

There seems to have been a large number of Goodwill and "Christian" stores that have moved into my home town. I wanted to check it out but I was afraid I was about to be attacked for being Jewish. Odd feeling that.

...especially since I'm not Jewish, but I guess I'm proud to be thought of as such. Especially in southeast texas.

5:02 PM  
Blogger jetboy747 said...

Bibles and guns? Count me in!

I'll bring the hairspray.

2:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just as a provocative comment - and in some agreement with the doc, above - if this guy's approach to Christianity is to kick people's asses, then he (and all of his type) IS NOT A CHRISTIAN.

This isn't a "Jesus is all about peace and love" thing. It's scriptural - IMO, the entirety of the New Testament screams against that behavior. His approach appears to be "see, I'm a 'Chirstian' now so I have a right to beat the shit out of people."

Well, he's wrong - if he's gonna accept a guiding set of books (the Bible) then he better damn well read them. Frankly, I really believe these people don't get it - and by "it" I mean the scriptures he claims to follow.

He sounds like nothing more than a "Pharisee" (as presented in the NT, anyway) - and not a very convincing one of those, at that.

Period.

8:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oops, I also meant to include me being in line with Matty's comments, too.

8:33 AM  
Blogger Jeff Skybar said...

New blog honey. Follow the link.

1:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Funny you say that, my class never had a 10-yr reunion because we... uh... forgot? Or maybe none of us wanted to see each other again that badly? I dunno.

So what happens, me and all the peeps I've recently reconnected with via Myspace and Friendster decided to throw our own damn reunion, in VEGAS, baby! It'll be the 10-yr + 10 month reunion, and we're only inviting the ones we want to see. ;)

I think it's funny to see how many (like 50%) of my high school friends came out afterwards. Something in the water?

Aaaanyhow. Sorry I been outta touch. It's been crrrazy, and I'm MOVING. Dunno if mom told ya. So you gots to help me come up with some decorating ideas. And I so cannot wait for you to visit now that I'll have a place worth visiting. Yay. :)

xoxoxoxoxoxoxo

1:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey,
I produce Mortified (the live the show, the book, and the animated short you mentioned) and just discovered your post here.

First, I want to say thanks SO MUCH. Means a lot to find nice things being said about a project we work so hard on. And if you would like to attend an upcoming SF show, I'd love to treat you +1 to our next SF event. Dates are at our website along with contact info (just mention this post).

Second, as for your reunion thing... such a crazy story. I think you should send that guy a subscription to Advocate and a whole bunch of other gay magazines or catalogues. He won't learn any lessons but it will be damn funny and always best to kill em with kindness.

Dave
Mortified Producer

11:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home