Wednesday, November 08, 2006

What a beautiful DEMOCRATIC day..

The sky is BLUE, the water is BLUE, the house is BLUE, the Senate is...hopefully Blue.

Don't let us down Virginia. Don't pull a Florida.

You go Nancy Pelosi! (snap)

You go Middle Class voters! (double snap)

You go Donald Rumsfeld..you go all the way to the unemployment office. (two snaps and a twist).

Hey Tom Delay, sorry your seat went to a DEMOCRAT - (a shallow victory, but one none the less).

Hey president Bush...who's playground are you on now? Huh? Wanna kick some sand in our faces now? Glad you want to put partisan politics aside..now. Glad you admitted you lied...now. Glad you are trying to shuffle some of this off on Rove..now.

Laura - get a divorce attorney. Either that or another case of scotch and a carton of Virginia Slims ready.

All snarky remarks aside. I'm very happy at the results of this midterm election. Maybe this country can get back on track. I hope that the new congress will focus on very important issues, like pulling us out of Iraq, re-instating and actually upholding the constitution, and how about we have a REAL homeland security plan instead of just faking one. We are going to have to put some issues aside - I for one say we sacrifice the whole gay marriage debate for now and wait a few years on it. I'd much rather have, you know, THE PATRIOT ACT revoked and get back some of my Civil Liberties than have the right to say "I'm Married". It's going to a long hard road, I hope that the Dem's will take this opportunity to fix a few atrocities that have developed in the last few years.

Please DEMOCRATIC NATIONAL COMMITTEE. GET OFF YOUR ASS!! Now is the time for STRONG LEADERSHIP. No more Howard Dean, No more putzing around. Lets get it together and SWEEP IN 2008!!!

You Go DNC!!



I once again am proud to fly this flag. I have been so ashamed, and fearful, of my country over the past SIX years. The war, the lies, the corruption, the lies about the corruption, Most of my fellow American People hiding their heads in the sand, or really truly beliving in Bush's messages of Hate and Fear.

Today though, reaffirms my faith in the Democratic Process. Voting Matters. Beliving in the System matters. Now I just hope and pray that things will get better. For all of us.

So to those of you that voted yesterday, regardless of how you cast your ballot. Thank you.

XO

Kel

9 Comments:

Blogger Joel said...

I think Ann Richards is resting a little more comfortably tonight. Go Jim Webb.

6:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, I wish she could have seen this day before she passed on.

8:04 PM  
Blogger StratoCade said...

I have to point out that you're wrong about DeLay's seat. Shelly Sekula-Gibbs won the race to replace DeLay, and aside from being the first female physician to be elected to the US House of Representatives, she's very much a Republican (though, like me, she has a Prius).

A few more important things to note -

1. You forgot to mention something I find more important than your "blue revolution"... For the first time, voters REJECTED a state constitutional amendment to ban gay marriage. Yes, that's right Karen Ann Sue: voters in Arizona rejected the constitutional amendment to ban gay marriage.

2. Also, you didn't mention the "silent revolution" in the chambers that affect average Americans most: state legislatures. Democrats took over in Iowa, Michigan, Minnesota, New Hampshire, Oregon, Wisconsin & Indiana. That's pretty damned significant - The New Hampshire House has been Republican since the 1800s and the Senate since 1911.

These two represent a real backlash against Congress' profligate spending and blatant pandering to social conservatives. I sincerely hope this ass-whopping wakes our Republican leaders up to the fact we must get back to our fundamental values of individual liberty, fiscal restraint and personal responsibility.

Oh, and btw, if you didn't like Don Rumsfeld, you'll REALLY HATE Dr. Gates. He's not as abrasive as Rumsfeld, but he's certainly more effective.

12:23 AM  
Blogger Matty said...

I agree with you on the holding off on gay marriage. The only reason we have it here in Canada is because of the wording of our constitution. A while ago I was reading up on this and was surprised to learn that gays don't even have basic protection against discrimination in some areas of the US. I think that needs to come first, then marriage.

1:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Actually, Nick Lampson (D) won the seat. Sekula-Gibbs won a separate special election to fill Delay's abandoned seat until change of Congress January. Lampson did not run for the two-month term.

3:17 PM  
Blogger M- Filer said...

This gay marriage thing really pisses me off. Activist Democratic law makers are a great thing, but it doesn't change the fact that the American Electorate is incredibly dissapointing as a whole. Except of course for voters in Massachusetts and Arizona. I'm a Masshole myself.

2:13 AM  
Blogger Richard said...

First comes love ... then comes marriage ... then comes Kel with a baby carriage.

I agree that civil liberties and basic constitutional safeguards are important. I was just talking to a guy who was fired from his job about 18 months ago - simply because his boss was pissed that he was gay. Hearing his story made me cry (I know, what a wuss).

8:03 AM  
Blogger Kevin said...

Please just don't blame ALL Floridians.

2:12 PM  
Blogger Sam said...

Im afraid to even be hopefull still. There iare conservative Democrats and Liberal and a spectrum in between, but still a step hoepfully in the right direction. I hope!

8:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home