Thursday, January 25, 2007

525,600 minutes

Happy Blog-aversary to ME!! YAY!

So if I was technology clever, I would have music and a slide show and elephants dancing before your very eyes (in tutus even) - but I'm not so just use your imagination. (I couldn't even figure out how hook up the new cable box to the TV, or use the new remote, thank God for techie roommates.)

People always ask "Why do you blog?". "Becuase I can." is the most common answer. But now, a year later, I'm going to let you in on a secret....

I started blogging so I could join in.

Way back in 2005 (wow) I was thinking, just had an idea mind you, that I would move away from Austin. I thought, maybe, just maybe San Francisco. Of course my main priority in moving would be "How would my social life be in a new city?" I Googled ( I love that this is a verb now!) something like "gay life in San Francisco" and low and behold...

Chad Fox popped up.

So I read Chad's blog, all of it, and thought "Wow, this guy is pretty funny."

Acutally I was laughing my ass off. Shu-shu still makes me giggle.

So I hopped around his blog roll and soon came across some other guys all commenting funny things on each others blogs and making fun of each other and I really really wanted to play too.

So I joined blogger, wrote a little ditty and here I am.

As Chad likes to say "Kel, you just jumped in a busted your way through."

I tend to do that you know.

So I blog, and I just read my years worth of blogging. A lot has happend, quite a bit. I've worked for two coporations, moved across the coutnry, made new friends, dropped friends and made more new friends; and, I've traveled more this year than I ever have in my life (thanks Case & Jason!!!)

I've grown some too; I realize that in re-reading my entries. In reading them, I realized where I was that day - both physically and in my head. It is nice to get a reflectoin of "Oh yeah, I was having a bad day that day." or "Haha, I forgot to elaborate on that." I hope if you read my enteries you get a laugh, or at least a giggle. Some enteries are meant to make you think, as well as reflect on your on being as I usually do when I write them. I will say now,I realize I leave a lot out and just assume you know what's going on in my head; other times I do embellish my stories - but I'm a writer from Texas, what more do you want?

And yes Pookie, there ARE alot of grammer and spelling mistakes, aren't there.

So thanks for tuning in. Becuase if you didn't read and comment, email or even just shake your head; this wouldn't be a blog, it would just be crap on a computer.

So back to blogging:

My frist conversation of the day:

"Oh my God! I just ran into so-and-so from Texas! I haven't seen him in so long!!"

"Really? Does he still have Gonnereah?"


Lord.

xo

Kel

16 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy BLogging Kel! Glad you decided to join in. Just look at you now!

3:04 PM  
Blogger matty said...

Happy Anniversary!

...and, for the record I lost that infection a LONG time ago!

Oh, wait. I don't think you were talking about me were you as we never knew each other in Texas.

Um, yeah, Well, happy anniversary!!!

Blog away, baby!

4:43 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

happy blog-a-versary!! you were one of the first blogs I started reading when I started... best wishes to another year and I hope we get out to SF to meet as many of you all as possible... and get Jetboy down for the Kelly trifecta...

6:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmmm... now that I've met a couple of these Texans, I'm left to wonder whom...

Happy Blogiversery, Kel. You're posts are refreshingly blunt without a huge dose of ranting (though everyone's allowed a rant now and then). But more importantly, honest and - you. Which is what it's all about, and why people come back.

:*

6:28 PM  
Blogger DanNation said...

Happy Blogiversary! I'm damn glad you decided to blog...!

7:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

YAY congrats!! I had my blogiversary earlier in the month. Good stuff!! keep on doing it !...the good stuff I mean. ;)

9:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Bloggiversary, Kel. I can't remember if I found you or you found me, but either way, I'm glad we did.

10:23 PM  
Blogger M- Filer said...

Nicely put. Happy Anniversary...glad I stumbled upon you.

11:48 PM  
Blogger Matty said...

Congrats! I started blogging to join in too. If it wasn't for blogging I probably still wouldn't have any friends here in Calgary.

12:54 AM  
Blogger Pookie Pie said...

Oh honey, I've learned to overlook your spelling mistakes and syntax errors a long time ago...

big, fat, sloppy smooches on your Blogiversary.

8:14 AM  
Blogger Kevin said...

I'm glad you decided to blog as well. We don't talk as much as we used to, but I'm still here. You can't get rid of me that easily just by moving to SFO.

8:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I adore your blog.. and many mnay of your fellow bloggers blogs. I find myself in deep thought, reflecting, crying and mostly laughing out loud (my dog thinks i'm nuts). I say happy blogaversary to me too-Thanks fo rthe intro teh blog world m'luv!! See you in March!!!
xoxoxoxoxoxoxox

8:31 PM  
Blogger Darin said...

Happy 'Versary.

You Blogger Butter Inner.

Glad you did.

BTW: You're still the ORIGINAL Missy Lala to me.

11:45 AM  
Blogger Jimmi said...

Hey Kelly! Happy Blogaversary!!!!! Im glad you joined or I may never have been able to meet you and take This Picture

12:32 PM  
Blogger Moby said...

I started blogging as a form of therapy to get me thru a rough break up. While it can still be very theraputic at times, I blog mostly now because I enjoy it. I like sharing myself with others. I like knowing people can tune in and read my insights into life. Well that and Im slightly nuts!

Will I always blog? Oh lord who knows.

1:00 AM  
Blogger dpaste said...

Many happy returns of the day.

5:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home