Friday, July 13, 2007

Never walk through the TL without an umbrella

Dear Readers:

Many of you have visited our lovely city and know about the charming neighborhood - the Tenderloin. For those of you that are not familar with this gem of the city, I will give you a brief rundown.

The "TL" is located in the heart of the city, prime real estate really. Unfortunetly it is populated by mostly black crackheads wandering around in a daze and begging/hustling for money all the time. Now, this is not a homeless population, becuase the TL mostly consists of "flophouses" or "residence hotels" where these people can live 5 or 6 story's above the street.

This is where needing an umbrella comes in.

As I was walking down on of the main streets in this hood, keeping a watchful eye of the going ons around me... i heard a loud SPLAT next to me and I have to admit I was very startled and luckily jumped very quickly into the street.

Someone was vomiting from the 4th floor of the building above me.

Gotta love that local charm.

xo

2 Comments:

Blogger Jason_M said...

Nice to see you're returning to your blogging roots.

12:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Whenever I start feeling nostalgic about former life in San Francisco, I read something like this that brings me back to my senses. Thank you! :)

9:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home