Monday, February 06, 2006

I left my heart in San Francisco

Ok, some of you have apparently missed the boat. I have been getting a barrage of e-mails asking me why I'm selling furniture and packing up things. Also, some of my friends seem to be in BIG denial over this. We a'int in Egypt honey, it's happening.

So just to be clear and we are all on the same page:

I am Moving to San Francisco.

I hope to be there by the 1st week of April.
Bye-Bye





A lot of people are asking me WHY I'm moving, so here are some reasons, in no particular order.


1. 78% of Registered Texas Voters just voted to Ban Gay Marriage.
2. Rick Perry, our illustrious Governor, basically said a few months ago (to paraphrase) "If Gays don't like it here they should move somewhere else." So i'ma goin.
3. Chox
4. Because Texas gets up to 115 degrees Faranheight and all the freakin candles in your apartment melt while San Francisco gets up to..oh about 80.
5. My Friends Danny, Sally, and Andy.



6. I love Pier39 and the Sea Lions
7. I love Ghirardelli Square
8. I'll be able to get Dim Sum anywhere, anytime
9. Napa...it's right there.
10. Because there being gay isn't even part of your identity and I'll finally be able to explore who I really am.

And you know I'm going to fit right in don't you?




UPDATE: And the Best reason to move is my friend Kenn, who has encouraged me like no one else, and has taken the time to give me a full education on San Francico. Kenn, I definitly wouldn't be as comfortable moving to the city, as I am if it wasn't for you.

You, me, a bottle of wine come April. SMOOCH

8 Comments:

Blogger DanNation said...

Cool - I'll be moving (back) there at about the same time. You'll love it...!

8:35 PM  
Blogger Daly. said...

Wait. You're moving?

I hope you find many gay sea lions.

No really- I see your reasons, you already explained some of them to me in person. I guess if your cousin and I can't sleep in your bed in Austin, we can sleep in your bed in San Francisco.

8:37 PM  
Blogger Pookie Pie said...

Um... not to be too nit-picky....

Proposition 2 passed by a margin of 76.25% to 23.74%.

*big toothy grin*

11:16 PM  
Blogger dpaste said...

I kept enjoying your comments so much I had to check out the blog. Good for you with the move. Although Austin is kind of like West Berlin in East Germany, isn't it?

PS Mind if I link you on my blog?

10:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sunshine I just wanted to tell you that I am so excited for you to move! I will most certainly miss your wonderful hugs and smart, witty conversation but you are the hostess with the mostest and so you shall go.

8:39 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I've lived here for going on 13 years now, and it's still Home and it still feels new, both at the same time.

Weird, and kinda sparkly.

Pre-welcome to San Francisco!

11:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't believe I'm not one of the reasons you are moving to San Francisco! Harrumph!

9:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love you sunshine, but you neglect to mention that 60% of Travis County voted AGAINST the gay marriage amendment.

Just don't want everyone to think all of Texas hates the gays.

1:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home