Wednesday, September 06, 2006

It's a family affair...

I alwasy have these great intentions to post on "What I did this weekend." and then never follow through. I'm blaming it on Mondays. Mondays are evil, full of procrastination and crazy distractions. Mondays are so evil that even Starbucks Banana Coconut Frappicinos don't help. Ick.

However, I will tell you a some fun highlights from my Labor Day.

Blah blah blah, hung over, blah blah blah, Movie date during which I fell asleep, blah blah blah...

So Saturday, my FABULOUS and WORDLY Cousin BeBe whipped into town to show me some cheer. Now, this is no country cousin from Texas with 6 rug rats back home in the trailer...no this woman is fabulous on an International scale, having lived in Berlin and all over Europe, and now curretly resides in Southern California (I know). Not only is she highly intellectual, but she's also very pretty..or as my new FagStag said "I'd do her". (Him, not me.)

Also, she really didn't whip in to see me, but to break up with her old Beau so she could get along with her new Beau but I got to spend some hours with her so it was worth it.

Any-who..we hit North Beach and Chinatown, did some shopping at Union Square and then met the Stag and his friend for dinner at Farmer Brown for some good old southern food and sweet tea (REAL SWEET TEA!!!); and then on to cocktails at Rye. We laughed and told stories on her mama and mama, and our crazy cousins, and of course on ourselves. Like how we are related.

Now, BeBe and I are what you call kissin cousins. (Get your filthy minds out of the gutter!) That means we are not really cousins, or even Second Cousins (meaning our parents are 1st cousins)but we somewhere down the line we are related and like anyone one from the South will tell you Family is Family (blood is thicker than water, etc). BeBe and I are actually 4th Cousins Once removed - and we are also something like 13th Cousins as well becuase, well, a few generations back two 2nd cousins got married and tied us all up like a big old bunch of Kudzu.

Yeah, we like to tell that story after a few drinks ;)

Sunday was spent recovering from all those damn cocktails and then Monday was spent getting all sloshed again.

The Good Doctor knows some fun little wineries up the coast so he, I and Our Designated Driver headed up there for the day. It was beautiful. I have to say J was absolutly my favorite place on our tour. On the way back we drove along the Sonoma Coast and stopped off to take a moment of reflection on the beach..


It was absolutly amazing. As soon as Dr. Joel sends me some pictures I'll post them.

So that was my Larbor Day Weekend in an nutshell. How was yours?

5 Comments:

Blogger matty said...

Mine was not as good as yours. I saw some odd rock show featuring an unusual performer called Gabby La La and then this odd family who performs rock while showing slide shows from families long gone. It was interesting, but not as fun as hanging with a cool cousin --- and I never got to the beach at all.

So, exceptional weekened, my friend!

9:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You've been hit by the

|^^^^^^^^^^^^^^| ||
|...BEER TRUCK..........| ||'|";, ___.
|_..._..._______===|=||_|__|..., ] -
"(@)'(@)"""''"**|(@)(@)*****''(@)

ONCE YOU'VE BEEN HIT, YOU HAVE TO HIT 12 ALCOHOLICS, INCLUDING WHO SENT IT TO U IF YOU GET HIT AGAIN YOU'LL KNOW YOU REALLY HAVE A PROBLEM! HAVE A GOOD TIME! SO PASS IT ON. HIT WHO EVER YOU THINK IS AN ALCOHOLIC, OR JUST ENJOYS A GOOD TIME

10:31 PM  
Blogger Michael said...

Anytime I can drive a new Mustang Convertable with two drunk boys that don't quite realize just how fast I'm driving said Mustang, is a good time!

6:08 PM  
Blogger jetboy747 said...

I'm from Calgary, so I can't be expected to follow all these big words and long sentences (kissin cousins? nutshell?), but that's THE Dr. Joel?

6:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bwahaha. I loves ya, Kel. I loves ya lots.
All this flattery has gone straight to my head. Yowza. Me? Intellectual? Pshaw!
And for the record, I came up to SF to see you and the then-soon-to-be-ex-beau, but the ex part was more just because it needed to happen. Hopefully he'll forgive me soon, cuz he is a sweetie and lots of fun when we get along. But anyhow. I had a fabulous weekend, and I hope to come visit you more often and eat yummy pastries and listen to you tell tourists where to go eat. You crack me up, babe!
My mama's up here soon, and we gots to figure out what to do, eh? Girls night out!!!
Much love,
yer "hot" cuz

12:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home