Friday, February 10, 2006

A few more Quirks of Kel

It's rainy and gloomy today. I'm sitting here at work bored, so I thought I'd tell y'all a little bit more about me.

1. I currently work in Real Estate Title, and come across hundreds of owner's names a week. Whenever I see a last name from a movie character, I pretend it's that character's file I'm processing. This happens A LOT.

2. I cross my big toes over my 2nd toes when I drive long distances.
I do the same thing when I take a nap.


4. On of my W.T. "guilty pleasures" is Swanson Turkey Pot Pies. My best friend in Jr. High taught me to brush the crust with Worcester and Teriyaki sauce before you microwave it. I still make them like this today.



5. When I get drunk, I get really lovey. I love everyone, and make out with everyone. Except if I drink gin. Gin makes me a really mean drunk. Like "lose my shit" mean. Just ask the patrons of Daddy's on Castro.

6. There are certain pens at my desk I like, and others I don't. I feel really guilty when one of the ones "I like" runs out of ink and I have to throw it away.

7. I believe in the Supernatural. I've seen a ghost. I've felt presences. I can read Tarot, and I'm pretty good at it. I firmly believe in reincarnation. I have dreams about my past lives and know things about places I've never been. However, I'm very skeptical when other people say they believe in or have experienced these things too.

9. When I was 2 I found an old throw pillow in a trunk at our house. I called it "baby" and carried it with me everywhere. My mom tried to take it away and I lost my shit. I still have it. It's "Baby Pillow" and it's been all over the U.S., Canada, Mexico, and Europe with me. About 10 years ago, it got really lumpy inside. My Mom said I should just throw it out. My Grandmother took it and took all the cotton out. Even though she had arthritis, she painstakingly combed out the cotton and made it all fluffy again, then sowed it back up. I'm going to be buried with this pillow.

10. I believe in wishes. I wish on stars, dandelions, birthday candles, cars with one headlight (you have to see three, say speedoodle, and hit the top of your ceiling each time), turkey wishbones, pennies in fountains, wishing wells, and sometimes, just sometimes, those wishes come true.

4 Comments:

Blogger goblinbox said...

I learned it as "pididdle," not "speedoodle."

1:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Daddy's on Castro? You've got to be kidding. After that night, I think everyone between the Castro and Nob Hill knows you get mean on gin...

Love ya, mean it.

2:26 PM  
Blogger Pope-rah said...

To know Kel's quirks is to love Kel. Thank you for validating all of our wierdisms. One of mine is this: If I scratch my face or leg or whatever, I have to duplicate the action on the other side of said surface. I gotta balance it all out baby!

10:34 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Just ran across your blog through some other blog...it is rainy and dreary here in Richmond today...getting ready to snow tonite (i hope)...anyway...your grandma is sooo cool and such a sweet story...now that i have puked...i am gonna have to add you to my must read list everyday...like your blogs...
Kelly

12:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home