Monday, April 24, 2006

Put on your Big Girl Panties...

...and deal with it.

You know, I knew I was opening a can of worms when I even said the word "racism". I opened that Pandora's Box on my blog, and now I'm shutting it.

To everyone who "slammed" me on being a stupid redneck rascist. I don't care what your opinons are. To this guy who left pretty rude comments on previous posts...really...I could care less what you think. (Ironically, I was supposed to be at the Lone Star yesterday and you could've said them to my face- I would've laughed at you.) I find your rantings childish and immature, and please refrain from using my blog to attack other bloggers..ie ScottK. You have your own, VERY opininated blogs on which you can write whatever you want. I only published your comments so others could see what you wrote, and how you simply just embarress yourself.

Note to everyone reading, if wish to respond to this guy, please do so on His Blog . I won't waste any of my readers time with him anymore.

Oh, and just one last thing ... nice slam on calling me out on not using spell check...ouch..really...that hurt. I'm crying as we speak...

Ok. So that's enough of that unpleasntness.

I'm very excited as one of my best friends from growing up is here this week. I hope we get to spend time together as I haven't seen him in a few years. Also, the apartment hunt continues..with little success...but I have hope.

I hope all my friends reading this back home send me good thoughts, I'm kinda homesick now.

xo

11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think you're in culture shock. Moving from Austin TX to SF is a big change. Having lived in Houston for 4 years, I have a sense of it. Start listening to KPIG for some familiar sounds. Also, instate is more like your home space than the Left Coast.

And just one more comment: I like you use racism in a more general sense, a kind of generalizing, stereotyping view of groups that leads to us and them thinking, like captial and small letters, as David so aptly pointed out.

4:01 PM  
Blogger Chox said...

Don't feel bad. Everyone knows Texans can't spell.

Don't be so hotheaded. :-P

4:18 PM  
Blogger Kelicious said...

I am Hothead. I also stick to my guns. I also don't put up with a lot of B.S. Don't piss on my leg and tell me it's raining.

I'm mad enought to vote republican.

4:35 PM  
Blogger dpaste said...

Can I piss on your leg and tell you it's sexy?

Admit it, you love my comments.

4:50 PM  
Blogger Chox said...

If someone pisses on your legs, it's probably some pink bag holding stinky homeless Chinese woman with SARS on the 30 Stockton. ;-)

Let them eat pigeon-flavored ramen noodles!

You stick to those guns and don't worry about dissenting opinion here in San Francisco. The Bay Area is full of free-thinkers, and not everyone will agree 100% of the time. People here also tend to be very in your face about how they feel, and some are more agressive and assertive than others. I know you personally, and know you're no more racist than the average Joe. You just have a very Texas way of putting things, and people out here aren't used to it.

And just for the record, I used to enjoy the Pendulum immensely. I never had to watch my back, but once I had to watch my butt in the bathroom while I was peeing. What can I say? The Chadiqua Booty is very powerful.

4:57 PM  
Blogger the doc said...

I'm not "back home", but here's good thoughts to you. May you find a home soon. And, go ahead and vote Republican, you'll feel better immediately.

5:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kel,

As my friend from Houston used to say they are all "Pop Dicks." It is your blog and your opinion and knowing Texas Boys you will not back down to anyone or anything.

Intresting JasonM judging someone from where they are from and believing you know Kel. I know I don't, but you seem to be guilty of stereotyping individuals without really knowing them. And another thing people do not get stereotyped for no reason at all. Yes, there are exceptions, but you can make generalizations, like all Irish love the booze. Most Irish I know love booze, but some don't partake, yet that does not lessen the fact a vast majority love their whisky and Guiness. (Sorry IRA Guiness is owned by a British Company).

So, as they say "Don't Mess with Texas."

Oh, and another sterotype most people from Massachusetts are Massholes.

8:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kelly, I love that you, as always, stood behind your statement. Disagreed with the MF, you're better than that hun. We often disagree, but I always RESPECT! Good job love!

The Doc- I love your eloquence

David - You made me laugh!

OK, issue over!

Hugs from Austin!!
L'ya Bunches!!!

8:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kelly, I love that you, as always, stood behind your statement. Disagreed with the MF, you're better than that hun. We often disagree, but I always RESPECT! Good job love!

The Doc- I love your eloquence

David - You made me laugh!

OK, issue over!

Hugs from Austin!!
L'ya Bunches!!!

8:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, just thought I'd pop in and say... oh... uh... is this a bad time? I'll, uh... I'll just come back later shall I?


:*

9:46 PM  
Blogger Pookie Pie said...

Oh pickle... we love ya. Don't worry about those others. Stick to your guns. Especially those in the rhinestone holsters....

To my darh-lin Kel... happy and positive thoughts are coming your way.

10:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home